(V) Red Velvet Cupcakes with my signature Frosting.Februar 10, 2021 by Sarah Moniri
I have a little tradition ever since I'm a little girl. Valentines day is not about romantic love in my opinion, it's about recognizing all the loved ones we have. So my mum always made dinner for us Kids and gifted us something and when I got older I made cupcakes! I even sold them at my school with my friends in 12th grade and we had such a huge fight about it hahha( because some where forgotten in the car). This is now the infamous Cupcake Fight and we can't believe we had such bad blood because of it.
Anywaaay, this is the vegan cupcake recipe I perfected and adore so I hope you will love it as much as I do! Make it for your parents, friends or just for yourself ( do we really need an excuse to make cupcakes? No.)
You will need:
- 3/4 Cup Oat Milk
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 1/2 tsp Soda and Baking Powder
- Vegan Food Color (red)
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 250g Vegan Cream Cheese
- 200g White Chocolate (vegan)
- 70g Vegan Butter
- 3 Drops Vanilla Extract
- Mix Together the apple cider and Oat milk and let it sit for 5 min. This will be your vegan buttermilk.
- Melt the coconut oil over medium heat.
3. Mix the dry ingredients together (3-6 in the list).
4. Mix the Wet and Dry ingredients together until smooth. Add as much red food color as you like!
5. Bake at 175 C for 25 min.
6. Melt your white chocolate over a water bath. Once melted, let I cool but it still has to be fluid!
7. Mix your butter until smooth, add the cream cheese and create a homogenous mass trough mixing. Add the white (cooled!) chocolate and the vanilla.
They turned out perfect!
Add your frosting and cute little hearts ( they were also vegan :))
Hope you will like them!